Get advice on...
Did you know that Shelter Cymru provides free, specialist, independent, confidential debt advice across Wales? We have face-to-face advisers based in Wrexham and Rhyl covering north-east Wales, one in Cardiff covering…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Money Matters – the challenges of 2015
Money matters – the challenges of 2015 How will the introduction of universal credit affect people trying to manage their finances? This seminar will include Huw Thomas taking delegates through the introduction of Universal Credit in Shotton and any practical measures from this, followed by…
Shelter Cymru supports Welsh Ministers call to abolish ‘ right to buy’
Shelter Cymru has been campaigning for an end to the Right to Buy for several years. We have long believed… Read more...
Take Notice project
Take Notice is an exciting new project funded by the Big Lottery for three years to improve housing and homelessness… Read more...
Hundreds of social tenants lose their homes as repossessions hit seven year high in Wales.
Social housing repossessions hit a seven year high this year in Wales with nearly a thousand social tenant households losing… Read more...
St Dwynwen's Day
Sunday 25 January is Santes Dwynwen Day, the Welsh equivalent of Valentine's Day. We believe that home is where the heart is, so this Sunday, why not show your love…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard