Get advice on...
Did you know that Shelter Cymru provides free, specialist, independent, confidential debt advice across Wales? We have face-to-face advisers based in Wrexham and Rhyl covering north-east Wales, one in Cardiff covering…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Renting Homes Bill – myths and facts
The Renting Homes Bill introduced by Welsh Government aims to reform and simplify tenancy law in Wales. All existing tenancies will convert to either a ‘standard contract’ or a ‘secure contract’, both of which will explain in clear terms to landlords and tenants what their…
Shelter Cymru is looking to recruit a new Trustee to join our all-Wales Board
We are seeking a committed, enthusiastic person with a strong background in Finance to strengthen the board as we work… Read more...
Response to additional funding to improve housing stock
The Welsh Government has announced a further £20 million investment to improve the Welsh housing stock and bring thousands of… Read more...
Renting Homes Bill - myths and facts
The Renting Homes Bill introduced by Welsh Government aims to reform and simplify tenancy law in Wales. All existing tenancies… Read more...
Ride to the Rugby 2015
Last February, 35 riders overcame appalling weather conditions to reach the Aviva Stadium in Dublin for the Six Nations clash between Ireland and Wales. The ride was such a success…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard