Get advice on...
Did you know that Shelter Cymru provides free, specialist, independent, confidential debt advice across Wales? We have face-to-face advisers based in Wrexham and Rhyl covering north-east Wales, one in Cardiff covering…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Things started to go wrong for Caroline after she was diagnosed with MS. A single mother with two children, she worked as a carer until she was forced to give up due to ill health. Despite the recommendations from her GP and hospital specialists, Caroline…
Hundreds of social tenants lose their homes as repossessions hit seven year high in Wales.
Social housing repossessions hit a seven year high this year in Wales with nearly a thousand social tenant households losing… Read more...
Homes for All Cymru Manifesto
Updated October 2014 Homes for All Cymru brings together key housing organisations in Wales and aims to maximise the contribution… Read more...
Councillor Stephen Karl Hunt Sleeps Rough
Stephen Karl Hunt is a Borough Councillor for Neath and Port Talbot and is very proud to represent the village and… Read more...
Shelter Cymru Christmas Concert
Bryn Terfel, our president, Rebecca Evans and Cerys Matthews our vice-presidents and friends are performing in a SOLD OUT Christmas concert for Shelter Cymru on December 18th at the Pavilion…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard