Get advice on...
Dealing with Financial Realities - Everyone's Agenda
Financial realities - everyone's agenda 14th March 2014, Gorseinon, Swansea Supported by Coastal Housing 9th April 2014, Llanrwst, Conwy Supported by Cartrefi Conwy At a time of record levels of personal…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Publication of Housing Bill
Shelter Cymru welcomes the publication of the Housing Bill The publication of the Housing Bill is an historical moment for Wales, setting out bold new legislation that will take the housing sector on a path that is distinct from the rest of the UK. Download…
New research on impact of rehousing people in the PRS
Our sister organisation Shelter England has been working with Crisis to monitor the impacts on homeless people of being rehoused… Read more...
Rebecca’s Welsh Odyssey for Shelter Cymru
A three month trek around Wales might not be everyone’s idea of a holiday, but for one Shropshire woman it… Read more...
Landlord repossessions hit all time high
Nearly 38,000 private and public sector tenants across England and Wales had their homes repossessed by court bailiffs in 2013,… Read more...
Olympic cyclist backs charity ride
Double Olympic Gold medallist Geraint Thomas has been unveiled as the ambassador for Shelter Cymru’s challenging Castles and Cathedral bike ride. The Cardiff-born professional cyclist will take part in the…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard