Get advice on...
Court duty help desks
If you are having difficulties with your mortgage or rent, and are facing court action, get in touch with us. Shelter Cymru provides a help desk at county courts across…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Bringing tenancy law into the 21st century – the Renting Homes White Paper
In May, the Welsh Government published its Renting Homes White Paper outlining proposals to reform tenancy law in Wales. We believe that this is a really important step forward. Some of the law associated with tenure dates back hundreds of years so the Welsh Government’s…
Use of B&Bs increasing
Results of Freedom of Information requests to local authorities in Wales by Plaid Cymru have revealed that hundreds of homeless… Read more...
Junior Golf results
Congratulations and a big thank you to everyone who took part in the Junior Golf this year. Photos and details… Read more...
Our view on the Renting Homes White Paper
The Welsh Government has recently published its Renting Homes White Paper outlining proposals to reform tenancy law in Wales. We… Read more...
Junior Golf results
Congratulations and a big thank you to everyone who took part in the Junior Golf this year. Photos and details of the winners are on the Junior Golf Facebook page.…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard