Get advice on...
Did you know that Shelter Cymru provides free, specialist, independent, confidential debt advice across Wales? We have face-to-face advisers based in Wrexham and Rhyl covering north-east Wales, one in Cardiff covering…Read more...
Ways to donate...
Sign up to our newsletter...
Stung by hidden letting fees?
We don’t think that’s fair. Since 1 November 2013, letting agents must provide information upfront on what fees they charge. If you’ve been stung by hidden fees, tell us about it and we’ll pass it on to the Advertising Standards Authority to take action. …
We're looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Wrexham Community Money Advice Project. Full details and application form here. Read more...
Response to June homelessness figures
The most recent homelessness figures published by the Welsh Government show a continuation of the trend of increasing numbers of… Read more...
Jamie Baulch tackles Castles and Cathedrals climb
We took sprinter Jamie Baulch to try out one of the toughest climbs on the Castles and Cathedrals route. Watch… Read more...
Junior Golf Championship & Welsh Mini Masters
Online entries are now open The Junior Golf Championship is an event for golfers who already have a Handicap and the Welsh Mini Masters is for golfers beginning the game.…
What our clients say
- Extremely helpful and supportive through times of need - would be lost without this service! - I'd be lost without you
- You sorted out my housing problem promptly and weren’t judgemental. - You didn't judge me
- Excellent help and advice at a very difficult time. - Excellent!
- I was facing eviction from my flat in North Wales and without Shelter Cymru to advise me, my landlady would have evicted me for nothing. - I could've been evicted for nothing!
- Shelter Cymru's housing advice service saved my home for my son and myself, it is imperative it is recognised and rewarded. Will be forever grateful for all the help I received. - Forever grateful for everything
- Without the help, advice, support and confidence of my adviser in Wales, I would not have coped. She saved my house from repossession! - You saved my house!
- Brilliant support and advice on housing benefits. Very pleasant easy to understand and put at ease, thank you. - Brilliant support and advice
- Our debt adviser in Swansea was amazing. We don't know how to describe the calming influence and professional way he dealt with our case in a stressful time. - Calming influence
- I can only say that our adviser’s work, efforts and manner in helping us overcome homelessness were excellent. I was most impressed and highly satisfied with his service. The receptionist was also very kind and helpful. - Excellent service
- My debt adviser was very professional, empathetic and worked very hard to obtain a successful outcome. - Professional and worked hard